Sunday, December 18, 2011

Merry, Happy & Joyful

Just bit of musing on the season. I'm enjoying this holiday more than usual. Maybe it's a result of my finally admitting that I am retired, instead of simply unemployed.  G'vment says my benefits are expired, so that means I'm off the statistical rolls. So... retired. Meanwhile, I have noticed that the usual Xmas music that saturates the airwaves hasn't set off my irritation meter. I'm humming along and making up the words as I go. This year I'm taking the time to notice things, to take pleasure in the efforts of stores and neighbors to make the season bright.  I like all the sparkle and glitter, the lights and ribbons. I even like the blow-up snow globes. They are so totally over the top, but they make me smile. It's like Las Vegas. Of course it's not natural, but that's the point. They are a talisman for happiness in this season. 
Thus, I hope to extend my happiness to all of my friends and family, with a wish that it spreads like ripples on a pond.  I wish you moments of sheer delight, of warmth in your hearts, of contentment at the end of the day.  May you have the gift of time to enjoy the world around you, and pleasure in little things, to make you smile.
Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, & Joy to the World. 
All my love, Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment