Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Mixed Bag

Today is a mixed bag of chores and appointments. Dentist, bank deposit, groceries (I've delayed shopping because of the weather, but we are out of basics...) and just "stuff". I have to start preparing for a gathering of "Pine Nuts", my basket making group, meeting here on Sunday, and there is some major cleaning to do, and a small menu to plan.

Heart BasketThe Pine Nuts are a group that formed after I started teaching at the Senior Week (over 50) at Camp Sacramento. That venture ended after 5 years, but the basketmaking goes on. The gatherings are a good way to set out time to work on a basket, catch up with friends and see what each of us is doing. I think this time we will be sharing other art forms, in an adult version of "show and tell" that we had as children. Wonder if they still do that in school these days, or if it's gone with all the other programs that have been cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment