Monday, May 3, 2010

Draggin' My .... Feet

I finally figured out why I've been feeling so achy and blah. I'd had a suspicion that the new meds that the military doc had given me were the reason, but couldn't find anything in the literature they stuff in the Rx bag to account for it. This morning, my hands and feet, in fact - all my joints, were swollen. I happened to look at the bottle of the new blood pressure meds, and saw that the amount of diuretic was 25% of what I normally was taking. Not enough, by a long shot. I had to take off my wedding ring, it was cutting into my fingers. Retaining water would account for all my joints hurting, and lack of energy, general crankyness.

After calling the Military Treatment Facility, leaving a message, someone called me back, and tried to tell me I was mistaken, that I was getting the right dosage, but I think she was only someone who was trying to interpret a chart, without specific knowledge of anything pharmaceutical, so I explained it slowly in small words, and asked that the doc call me. At least I have an appointment to see him on Friday.

Using the military medical system is going to take me some time to get used to it, and I realize now that I am going to have to watch everything with sharp eyes, and not take for granted that they are necessarily smarter or more vigilent than I am.

Meanwhile, I don't have much energy. I worked on the pavers a couple of days ago, did two sets while Jim took apart his truck in the garage, and I'm still recovering.

This too shall pass.

1 comment: