Saturday, May 28, 2011

Back from the Coast

This was a journey colored by blues and greens, with splashes of every other color to accent it. Every day along this rocky, dramatic coast was different, and the blues changes with the passing of the hours.  These are not friendly beaches, with miles of sparkling-sugar sands. These are jagged teeth and crushing waves that hammer and pull and grind. For all of this, it is breath-taking. For all of this, I am pulled to stand along the cliffs and watch, mesmerized by the drama and power.                 
 
Jim and I had a chance to tour the Botanical Gardens outside of Ft. Bragg. The rhododendruns are in full glory right now - I've never seen them like this before. If I lived up here in the northern coastal area I would be here frequently. to walk and paint and just feast on the variety and richness of the plantings.



Will post the plein air paintings I did soon, and more photos. Need a nap right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment