Saturday, October 12, 2013

It's Been a Busy Year

Oh boy...It's hard to believe so much time has gone by since the last post. I've been painting, building a chicken coop, traveling and having a wonderful time.  I'll post three photos of artwork that was accepted into a student show at American River College. Not necessarily a high-ranking venue, but then, I've not bothered to enter competitions for decades. 

Hot Winds - 9"x12" oil


Ride a Cock-Horse to Banbury Cross -
11"x14" Mixed  Media Collage


Wasabi - 6"x5"x3" Ceramic

So, art, chickens, travel. Spent a week down in the Palm Springs area twice this year. It's what I think of  as a "girl week". Leave the husband at home, go down to paint and reset my batteries.  I come back recharged and inspired. Additional bonus: artwork!

I'm also teaching a basket class for a woman's group. It's about time I did some more basket work. 
I'm teaching them to make a basket similar to this one, with a round wooden base. Confession time: I'm having a ball.  Maybe I need to think more about this teaching stuff. Hmmm.  
So, the weather is fine, I have six (6!) house guests arriving next weekend and will have to do a cleaning blitz. The garden needs a ton of work, and so, off to do so. Coffee first though...

No comments:

Post a Comment